Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine Error A Fatal exception has occurred, program will exit.
While after installing Eclipse Neon and JDK 1.8 I got the above error opening eclipse
image – 1
How to check java is installed correctly or not
Open command prompt type java -version as per the image – 2
It shows java is installed correctly.
Go to eclipse installation folder and find eclipse.ini file
- Find the line which starts with -vm
- Add java run time binary path in the second line
C:\Program Files\Java SDK 1.8\bin\javaw
- If you dont find the -vm line in the eclipse.ini configuration file before the line starts with -vmargs
- Then you can add the above line
- Also check if it’s set -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8 if not you can change this to jdk version installed
- Now save the configuration file and close
Now if you try opening eclipse you should not receive any error.