August 19, 2010
Downgrading Safari 5 to Safari 3.2 in MAC OSX 10.5.8 machine.
First we need to uninstall Safari 5
– Go to Applications folder right click over Safari and select Move to trash. It will remove safari from your mac book.
– Then run Safari3.2.3Leo.dmg. If it shows any error at the installation time like this ” You cannot install safari on this volume. This volume already has a newer version of safari installed. “. U r in problem :(.
– Don’t worry I have the solution here.
Solution : Go to System -> Library -> Frameworks -> Webkit.Framework then right click over Resources folder and select Show original, check info.plist file inside that folder.
– What we need to do is to edit info.plist file. For that you need to have full permission to that Resources folder.
– To give permission to Resources folder right clck select get info, sharing and permission, click over lock sign to unlock then click on + sign and add the user with Read/Write permission to that user.
– Now you can edit that info.plist file inside Resource folder.
– Now open info.plist file and change 5528 or 5528.1 to 5525, close and save that file.
– Again try installing safari 3.2. this time it will get installed without any error.
– After installation restart the macbook and check the version of safari you installed now.
Go ahead !!!
Durga charan ojha
I can reach at : firstname.lastname@example.org