Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine Error A Fatal exception has occurred, the program will exit.
While after installing Eclipse Neon and JDK 1.8 I got the above error opening eclipse
Image – 1
Command to check java version installed in the machine
Open command prompt type java -version as per the image – 2
It is now showing java version in the above image.
Go to the eclipse installation folder and find eclipse.ini file
- Find the line which starts with -vm
- Add java run time binary path in the second line
C:\Program Files\Java SDK 1.8\bin\javaw
- You can add the line If the -vm line in the eclipse.ini configuration is not there before the line starts with -vmargs
- Then you can add the above line
- Find if it’s set -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8 then change this to currently jdk version.
- Now save the configuration file and close
Now if you try opening eclipse you should not receive any error.
You may also like: